Before Intravenous Anesthesia
- You must not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to the office, and drive you home.
- You should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed before surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify our office immediately.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with your doctor here at our practice prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Please call us at Scripps Medical Building, Carmel Valley Phone Number 858-793-3393 with any questions or concerns.