Torrey Pines Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery would like you to know that the safety of our patients is always our first priority, regardless of the situation. We are aware of your concerns and are actively monitoring the evolving COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to stay up-to-date with the latest information from Centers for Disease Control (CDC), County of San Diego – Health Department, State of California, and Scripps Health System.
Due to the Covid-19 biological disaster, we had to quickly change the way we practice. As your oral surgeon, we continue to serve to our community. We have these safeguards in place to protect our patients and our team members to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Everyone at our office is currently symptom free and healthy.
- If anyone in our office develops symptoms, they have been instructed to call ahead and not to come to work.
- All staff has been practicing physical distancing and compliance with mask protection including outside of business hours.
- All staff is screened everyday with temperatures being measured and logged.
- Patients are pre-screened over the phone to determine whether they are a candidate to be evaluated in the office or not.
- Patients experiencing flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath or loss of taste/smell are asked to call ahead before coming to the office and to reschedule their appointments for the protection of all.
- Physical distancing within the office is enforced to protect all patients and staff.
- We continuously monitor our waiting room throughout the day to assure strict physical distancing.
- No family member or members are allowed to stay in the waiting room for the safety of all.
- We adopted “text or call” to “chair” practice to ensure safe physical distancing for all patients.
- Upon arrival to practice, patient vital signs and temperature are taken.
- All surfaces are disinfected with medical grade disinfection, and office is disinfected from entry to exit several times a day even when no patients are seen or treated.
- All staff wears appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) at their respected stations; surgery staff wears N-95 and higher grade P-100 respirator for higher grade protection of all.
- Ultra-HEPA filters are implemented at all rooms.
- In addition, “Molekule” FDA cleared filters are implemented in the practice at 11 locations throughout the suite. (https://molekule.com/technology)
As new measures and mandates are provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), County of San Diego – Health Department, State of California, and Scripps Health System, we will adapt to the situation accordingly. Please call our office for the latest developments and recommendations.
We wish all of you health and wellness, and hope to see you all very soon under normal circumstances.